Our school has got a rather long name: Kossuth Lajos Secondary Grammar, Technical School, Primary School, Pedagogical Counselling Service and Student Hostel.
The school is situated in a small town with about 12,000 inhabitants, near Lake Tisza, in Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok County.
In the neighbourhood you can find some famous bigger towns with several interesting sights, for example Eger, Debrecen and Miskolc.
Tiszafüred is a part of Hortobágy National Park with its well-known plain called “puszta” in Hungarian.
The school was established in 1951 but the present building itself was built in 1968.
This is a state-run school with a partly independent financial situation. In the term of 2009/2010 we have got about 650 students in 23 classes and 48 teachers.
We can offer the following educational facilities:
• Eight-grade secondary grammar classes
• Four-grade secondary grammar classes
• Technical classes of Trade and Economics
• After-Matura technical classes
There are two possibilities:
• Two-year course of Trade – with theoretical and practical training. After the final examinations graduates can work in different shops
• Two-year course of Tourism – with theoretical and practical training. Having written their thesis and taken their exams graduates can find a job in hotels, catering and tourism.
Technical background of our school:
• 2 computer rooms equipped with modern ICT devices
• Well-equipped labs for different subjects
• One classroom with an interactive board
• A school-office for the technical classes to practise
• A school library with about 23,000 books
• A school-gym in the building
• A school-canteen
• A student hostel for 50 people
• A school shop
Further pictures can be seen here about our school-life and on the website of the school, with the title “Képeink”.
Farewell ceremony in May Funny Student Days
. Our musical group Our students in Brussels